The basic tasks of the Faculty of Economics and Engineering Management in Novi Sad are in accordance with the Law on Higher Education (Official Gazette of the Republic of Serbia, no.76/05) and clearly set out by the mission and vision of our Faculty.
The basic tasks indicate social justifiability, define the reasons of the Faculty’s existence, determine general direction of our activities and present the basis for identifying priorities of our higher education institution in its future work:
- Transferring scientific and professional knowledge in the field on economics, industrial engineering and engineering management;
- Developing and improving science through interdisciplinary work of scientists of various profiles;
- Educating young scientists and professionals;
- Offering possibilities for acquiring higher education and life-long education under equal conditions for everyone;
- Contributing to creating hypothesis for developing social knowledge;
- Satisfying user needs.
The basic goals stem from the basic tasks of the Faculty of Economics and Engineering Management in Novi Sad and they are in compliance with the set vision of the Faculty which defines the present and future position of the Faculty of Economics and Engineering Management in Novi Sad.
The defined basic goals ensure achieving the mission which represents the process of change - from the present position to a future destination - as the goals establish concrete results which the Faculty strives to accomplish and they represent the fundamentals for the control of its work.
- Compliance with the highest national, European and world standards and trends in the field of higher education, assuming a proactive role;
- Achieving unity of scientific research activities and educational services in the fields of economics and engineering management in biotechnology;
- Consolidating scientific discoveries and using common resources in teaching processes and scientific research activities in the field of economics and engineering management in biotechnology;
- Constantly developing and improving science through compliance with current scientific and professional discoveries;
- Continuous professional development of all employees and scientific research;
- Re-thinking and developing study programs and innovating teaching processes in accordance with user needs and modern scientific discoveries and trends in the educational process development, to ensure that students acquire adequate scientific and professional knowledge and skills;
- Applying best practice from the country and the world in all fields and processes and especially in matters referring to teaching, research and management;
- Improving management system in terms of quality;
- Systematic monitoring and quality in the following areas: study programs, teaching processes, research and professional activities, student assessment, textbooks and literature, resources, non-teaching support services, management;
- Establishing the culture of quality improvement at all levels of faculty structure including the role of students as partners in quality improvement;
- Creating trust in the quality of services at the Faculty through transparency of work;
- Developing cooperation, maintaining and widening the network of international higher educational and other institutions;
- Faculty’s constant engagement in satisfying user needs.
The existence of study programs within social-humanistic and technical technological field is relevant due to the existence of joint courses at the level of undergraduate studies. Teachers from various scientific fields contribute to the width of knowledge and better perception of various strengths and weaknesses of the Faculty, possibilities and threats in the environment and, thus, through a combination of interdisciplinary knowledge, to the work on improving the quality of the institution and more effective and efficient achievement of goals and tasks of the Faculty.